America’s Transportation Resources employs a team with 106 years of combined transportation experience.
With this experience, ATR has implemented a hand-tailored hiring process that assures all employed commercial truck drivers hired have undergone an extensive hiring process.
Learn how a driver becomes an ATR professional:
- During the initial contact a driver undergoes a few prescreening questions. These questions are asked up front and are usually the questions that most frequently disqualify a driver from becoming employed by ATR
- An MVR is processed to check the driving history and performance of the applicant
- If the candidate is not eliminated at this time, the applicant is requested to complete an extensive application that includes a background information section and the FMCSA Pre-Employment Screening Program (PSP) is obtained
- An interview is performed by our designated staff who are trained on DOT guidelines and any gaps in employment are clarified at this time (any gaps exceeding 30 days are accounted for)
- At this time the applicant is offered a position if the qualification process was successful.
- A regulated drug screen and DOT physical are obtained through our DOT compliant drug screening facility.
- An orientation and training is performed. The orientation is a lengthy training process tailored around each customer.
- Paperwork and customer procedures are explained to the driver to assure that our customers do not have to take unnecessary time out of their day to explain their procedures.
- Any and all questions by the new hired driver are covered at this time.
- Drug screen results are verified prior to assignment and driver information extended to the customer
- The Past Employment Verification Process is completed by ATR’s qualified verification department
We take pride in the attention given to each candidate.
Each applicant will be guided through the above process by the same management personnel from beginning to finish. At ATR, we do not send information to different departments to obtain approval. Our management team is trained and qualified to perform the qualification process. Our candidates take comfort in knowing that their information is handled sensitively and confidentially. If a candidate does not qualify, the very person who disqualified the application explains the circumstances directly. This is the personal touch each applicant deserves.